Canoeing In British Columbia
A weekly Podcast about everything canoeing in British Columbia
Shownotes: Beaver Canoe Club — Training
Guest Bio: Carey; Training Director
- Recreational Canoeing Association of British Columbia
1980; Lakewater Instructor
1982; Tandem Moving Water Paddler
1983; Moving Water Instructor
1985; Moving Water Instructor recertification
1987; Ocean Canoeing Instructor
1988; Moving Water Instructor Recertification
1990; Master Instructor
- Executive Board member Recreational Canoeing
Association of British Columbia 1980 to 2002 excepting 1990.
- President Recreational Canoeing Association of
British Columbia 1991 to 2001
- Executive Member Canadian Recreational Canoeing
Association 1991 to 2001
- Western Vice-President Canadian Recreational Canoeing
Association 1994 to 1999
- Executive member Beaver Canoe Club 1981 to 1992
- Training Director Beaver Canoe Club 2003 to present.
Other Training includes:
- Nantahalla Outdoor Center, North Carolina
- Madawaska Canoe Centre, Ontario
- Becky Mason, Quebec
Significant Wilderness Trips
- Bowron Lakes, British Columbia
- Broken Islands (Pacific Rim National Park)
- Myrtle Lake, British Columbia; (with kids)
- Red Deer River, Alberta
- Green River, Utah
- Athabaska River; Jasper to Whitecourt, Alberta
- Bonnet Plume & Peel Rivers, Yukon & NWT
- Nahanni River from the Moose Ponds, NWT
- Coppermine River from Winter Lake, NWT & Nunavut
First Descents (Canoeing)
- Coldwater River
- Upper Similkameen River
- Similkameen (canyon section)
- Pasayten River
- Tulameen River
- Coquitlam River
- Chehalis River (via Ashlu Cr.)
- Upper Seymour River
- Coquihalla River
- Nahanni, Canada's Gift to the World (Feature)
-> Videos (Numerous shorts)
The 10 most asked questions about training and in particular Basic Paddlers'
lessons in the Beaver CanoeClub.
Carey’s contact information:
Links and Resources
Have a comment about this podcast or a suggestion for a future one?
Send a note.
Future podcast episodes will include: How to plan for a
wilderness trip, Taking kids wilderness canoeing, Food preparation for a
wilderness canoe trip, Planning an Ocean canoe Trip and How to choose a canoe.
Episode 1; Beaver Canoe Club — Meet President Phil
Episode 2; Beaver Canoe Club — Meet David, Trips Director
Episode 3; Beaver Canoe Club — It's Spring and
that means it's Training time!
Episode 4; Our canoe's lineage and what shape and size
will fit me.
© 2018 Carey Robson